5 Warning Signs That Mold May be In Your Home
At least 20 million Americans are sickened every year by a mold according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). There are three major types of molds that commonly grow indoors: Cladosporium, Penicillium/Aspergillus, and Alternaria. Moisture from any source will trigger a reaction that causes fungi like mold & Mildews; these types of fungus grow rapidly where they have access to an optimum temperature range between 58-77° F.
The first step in mold remediation includes detecting whether or not there are signs of water damage. If you are uncertain that your home has been contaminated with moisture, then it’s important to take preventative measures immediately because this can lead and result in serious health problems for family members living within your residence if left unchecked, there are some warning signs to look out for that could indicate a problem:
1. Unusual discoloration: Water damage floods may leave behind mold spores that begin to grow. Look for mold spore leftover on wet surfaces which may have changed color or appearance compared with the surrounding areas of wall and flooring materials.
2. Musty odors: A classic sign of mold infestation is an unusual odor that smells musty or earthy in nature, but this may also signify mold that has been growing unseen beneath the surface located behind walls or flooring where it cannot be accessed.
3. Foul smells: Another mold warning sign is a musty smell that is accompanied by an accompanying pungent and unpleasant odor. This mold scent may also be particularly strong, making it more noticeable than before – mold spores emit odors as they begin to grow and multiply on surfaces with moisture, so the likelihood of mold growing unseen increases dramatically after flooding has occurred in homes and business properties.
4. Water stains: You should also look for water damage itself if you suspect mold growth: discolored or stained ceiling tiles or walls, warped flooring materials indicating possible water damage from flooding or leaks below the surface, or unusual damp spots on carpets could all indicate mold growth as well as other problems such as excess moisture from flooding or leaks.
5. Feeling mold on surfaces: In addition, you should be able to feel mold spores with the touch of a hand if mold growth has occurred nearby: mold produces mold spores that are small and begin growing unseen in moisture conditions such as flood damage left untouched for a few days or more. So, mold may emit an odor but also feel rough to the touch on surfaces it is developing upon.
Tips For Removing Mold From Your Home
If there is ever a chance of moisture accumulation in the future—whether caused by flooding or simply faulty appliances—make sure to address this immediately! The first step in the mold remediation process is getting rid of the source that caused this problem in the first place! If you have water damage, make sure to dry out your home completely and thoroughly before doing anything else. While doing so, consider increasing your home’s humidity level to its highest point, once finished with this step, it’s time to clean up!
When it comes to cleaning up, we recommend using a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuum cleaner because it’s good at removing spores from surfaces and fabrics without creating unnecessary dust clouds. It’s also great for those suffering from asthma or allergies as small amounts of these toxins can trigger an attack if inhaled into the lungs directly. In order not to compromise respiratory safety while encouraging ventilation, open every window possible during air circulation hours which are usually between early morning till about midafternoon. This will provide your home with a healthy supply of fresh air.
Why You Should Hire a Professional Mold Remediation Company?
If you have decided that professional mold remediation services are needed to deal with any visible and invisible mold on your property, be sure to do research beforehand and find a reputable local mold remediation company with an excellent reputation so as not to risk making the problem worse. The sooner mold is treated the easier it is to contain and remove, so do not wait for mold damage in your home or business property!
Mold Removal Made Easy
In most cases, mold remediation services will require a three-pronged approach to do their job effectively. In the first step of this process, they will inspect your property and use diagnostic equipment such as moisture meters and thermal imaging cameras in order to find out where exactly any excess moisture is coming from.
In the second step, they will clean up all mold and begin with air scrubbing procedures to remove spores from your property. This is usually done using special equipment that can pump out HEPA-filtered air in order to ensure that no particles are released into the surrounding area.
In the next step of the mold remediation process, they will test to make sure that there is no more excess moisture or spores present on your property. If you have been experiencing health issues from inhaling these contaminants, a professional can also help determine what other types of cleanups may need to be done such as removing porous materials like drywall and tiles completely.
Finally, if necessary, wood replacement or reconstruction services may be needed for infested areas—this decision depends on how extensive of a problem you have on your hands!
Once all three steps are complete, any potentially harmful growths on surfaces inside your home should be gone for good! Be sure not to reoccupy your property until it has fully dried out so another issue does not arise in future years.
Is Your Home Safe? Call Us Now.
Now that you know everything there is to about mold remediation processes it’s time to make sure this unfortunate situation never happens again by keeping an eye out for any signs of excess moisture accumulation inside or outside your home. If you ever notice suspicious giving off odors or experiencing health problems, don’t hesitate to call a professional local mold removal service right away!